Sunday, April 5, 2009

Airport Frustrations and Wonderful Students

No, we are not home yet. We are having a very frustrating travel experience. After a 6 hour delay at Heathrow in London yesterday, sitting on the runway for 45 minutes after boarding, and circling JFK for an hour before landing, we missed our Seattle connection (big surpise, right?). I thought a six hour layover in NYC would be plenty of time to clear customs and have a possible delay...I guess I was wrong! Anywho, after a lot of standing in line and hassle, we are in the Holiday Inn airport hotel at JFK. And to give my students credit, they have all been WONDERFUL! They have been helpful, patient, courteous, and flexible. I see each of their strengths (I guess that is the positive in this situation). Tiffany is "taking charge." She is running ahead to hold shuttles; she is not afraid to ask directions; she also did a great job pushing through her frustration and tiredness to stay positive. Angela is my "problem solver." She has traveled internationally before and is a Delta sky miles member. Therefore, she has been on the phone non-stop trying to get us into Pasco ASAP. Since I have been dealing with cancelations and college issues, she is my "golden woman." And Cori is so kind and considerate...she has been fighting a cold almost the whole trip, and she continues to be so pleasant and helpful. It is really wonderful to have such strong students around me.

Right now, we can't fly out until tomorrow...but we continue to troubleshoot and try. We will keep you updated!

Tired Smiles - ALICE

No comments:

Post a Comment