Saturday, April 4, 2009

Farewell England...

On Thursday morning, I got up on time to go to Bath. It was about an hour and a half drive there, and we mostly spent the day shopping and going to the pump room, which is a very formal place to have tea. Tiffany and I tasted some divine eggs benedict for the first time. A traditional way to serve the eggs is on ham and a bisuit with hollandaise sauce, and that is exactly the way we ate it. Yu-umm!

After the pump rooms, we were going to have an open-bus tour. Unfortunately it was pretty chilly and everyone wanted to look around, so we skipped the tour. I mostly just window-shopped. But being the Jane Austen fan that I am, I had to go to the musem devoted exclusively to her novels. I really enjoyed it. I bought an "I love Mr. Darcy." I couldn't resist. Next, we went to a small restaurant called "The Hole in the Wall" where we all had a wonderful meal together. I would have liked to have gone to the Roman Baths, but there just wasn't enough time. Maybe my next visit.

When we returned to Bridgwater, they had a goodbye get together for us. It was really difficult saying bye to all the lovely people we met....they really did make us feel welcome. We are now at Heathrow airport on Saturday morning. I think we are all ready to go home, but England has treated us wonderfully. Except the slight delay for our plane. Hope we get home on time! There is school Monday morning.

Keep checking the blog because we will most likely be posting some more interesting details of our journey. Thanks for reading!

-Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment