Monday, April 6, 2009

Still in New York


Just a quick update. We are still in NYC at a JFK airport hotel. We are anxious to fly out on our 5:00 p.m. flight (that is NYC time). We are scheduled to arrive in Seattle at 8:36 p.m. (Pacific time) and rent a car to get us home. Please, please NO MORE DELAYS! It is raining here, but I am hoping for the best! Send us good thoughts. By 2:00 a.m. tomorrow morning, we hope to be asleep in our own beds.

One good note, however, is that the students and I were able to see my best friend and old college roommate, Michelle. She lives in NYC. I treated the students to a pay per view movie last night in my room (Bride Wars), and Michelle came and watched it with us. We were all so tired, but we had a good girls night. I was able to get to know the students a little better, and they got some insight into New York living from Michelle. So at least, there was a bright spot in our delay.

Send us your good thoughts for a safe journey home tonight! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment